Characteristics of Position:
The Senior Behavioral Health technician provides client centered care by facilitating, participating and monitoring the treatment activities of clients with substance disorders or co-occurring substance and psychiatric disorders. This position is in a medically supervised, substance abuse receiving facility providing emergency assessment, detoxification, stabilization and short-term (3-5 days) service for adults (male & female) who are actively using drugs and/or alcohol.
This program operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
3:00pm-11:00pm shift - Monday thru Friday - Occasional weekends
LOCATION: Tampa ,FL
- 60 college credit hours with 30 hours concentration in the human services field plus 1 year of experience in the human services field.
- All ACTS, Inc. employees must be able and willing to work when expected to accommodate program and/or agency needs, participate in the agency's Quality Improvement Program and attend all assigned/required trainings, practice on-the-job safety at all times, and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work with others and be respectful of peers, supervisors, clients, guests, etc. If required by contract or administrative rule, must fully participate NAPPI (crisis intervention) training and able to apply same to work setting.
Preferred Attributes: CBHT
Physical / Safety/Health Considerations: Standing, walking, carrying, stooping, speaking, and listening
Quality of Work Expected: Level Commensurate with satisfactory Direct Service performance for position
Quantity of Work Expected: Commensurate with level necessary to fully meet obligations
Supervision: Position reports to the Program/Shift Supervisor as directed and does not provide supervision to others.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Adheres to agency model and documentation for admissions, treating persons with co-occurring disorders and orientation. Carries out tasks associated with laundry, a clean living environment, and ensures safety of clients receiving services.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of program professional plan, program policies and procedures. Performs and documents pre-admission searches, and informs designated personnel of bruises, etc. and searches clients' property for contraband. Makes frequent rounds of facility to insure adequate safeguards and client safety are maintained. Facilitates/complies with emergency preparedness ? monthly mock scenario emergency drills.
- Communicates regularly with clients, co-workers/shift supervisors and others as appropriate, and engages clients to talk about their mental illness and substance misuse. Observes clients for changes in behavior, monitors activities of clients, motivates clients to participate in activities, and also guides and advises clients in their personal adjustment utilizing verbal de-escalation techniques. Interprets the client handbook for clients as needed; applies applicable rules and regulations to clients.
- Assists clients in preparing for court appearances or other outside activities, and implements supportive, psycho-educational and recreational groups. Advises and guides clients on personal hygiene habits. Monitors and tracks compliance with self-administered medication process if instructed. Oversees collection of urine specimen for drug screens and may complete and record vital signs as assigned. Assists clients in gathering/obtaining personal property when discharged.
- Documents individual contacts, daily case notes, incident and injury reports and grievances. Answers phones and provides other administrative support as needed. Builds new case files and breaks down discharged client case files.
- Performs related work as required /assigned.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC: The program includes the following duties and responsibilities for this position:
- May carry out any/all functions associated with a clean living environment and duties of Behavioral Health Technicians (BHTs), or a BHT Specialist, including providing program shift coverage as required
- Trains, guides, coaches and advises BHTs; may participate in performance monitoring and supervision, follows up on BHT compliance training notices
- Ensures more administrative support as asked and program compliance with the activity schedule.
- Provides individual and group counseling/mentoring services Facilitate mock scenario emergency drills and complete applicable documentation
- Adheres to Program Duties and Responsibilities checklist
- Provides admission/orientation to residents and their families with applicable documentation.
of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific
duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to position.
ACTS is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. ACTS is an EEO/AA DFWP
Specialized Duties/ Tasks
- Must possess valid Florida Drivers' License, industry accepted driving history and maintain vehicle insurance required by State of Florida.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with food services
- Reviews submitted incident/injury reports for accuracy
- Performs administrative, clerical or other support duties as required/assigned, including, but not limited to entering data in KIS, preparing Staffing reports, files all incident/injury reports and maintains log, maintains monthly fire drill and quarterly disaster drill reports, assists supervisor with staff schedules, reviews client charts for completeness, and serves as point person for QI reviews
- Participate in Agency Leadership-based Training