ACTS is a non profit organization that has
been serving the community for over 30 years providing individualized behavioral health
services in substance abuse and mental health. ACTS mission is to apply the
best of contemporary physical and behavioral health interventions and social
support services available to assist individuals and families to engage and
succeed in Recovery.BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
PAY: $14.00-15.00 per hr.
Full time or PRN - 4:00pm-12:00am or 12:00am-8:00am
The Behavioral Health Technician provides client centered care by facilitating, participating and monitoring the treatment activities of clients with substance disorders or co-occurring substance and psychiatric disorders. Adheres to agency model and documentation for admissions, treating persons with co-occurring disorders and orientation. Carries out tasks associated with laundry, a clean living environment, and ensures safety of clients receiving services.
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of program professional plan, program policies and procedures. Performs and documents pre-admission searches, and informs designated personnel of bruises, etc. and searches clients' property for contraband. Makes frequent rounds of facility to insure adequate safeguards and client safety are maintained. Facilitates/complies with emergency preparedness - monthly mock scenario emergency drills.
- Communicates regularly with clients, co-workers/shift supervisors and others as appropriate, and engages clients to talk about their mental illness and substance misuse. Observes clients for changes in behavior, monitors activities of clients, motivates clients to participate in activities, and also guides and advises clients in their personal adjustment utilizing verbal de-escalation techniques. Interprets the client handbook for clients as needed; applies applicable rules and regulations to clients.
- Assists clients in preparing for court appearances or other outside activities, and implements supportive, psycho-educational and recreational groups. Advises and guides clients on personal hygiene habits. Monitors and tracks compliance with self-administered medication process if instructed. Oversees collection of urine specimen for drug screens and may complete and record vital signs as assigned. Assists clients in gathering/obtaining personal property when discharged.
- Documents individual contacts, daily case notes, incident and injury reports and grievances. Answers phones and provides other administrative support as needed. Builds new case files and breaks down discharged client case files.
- High School or GED
- All ACTS, Inc. employees must be able and willing to work when expected to accommodate program and/or agency needs, participate in the agency's Quality Improvement Program and attend all assigned/required trainings, practice on-the-job safety at all times, and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work with others and be respectful of peers, supervisors, clients, guests, etc. If required by contract or administrative rule, must fully participate NAPPI (crisis intervention) training and able to apply same to work setting.
APPLY NOW!!! www.actsfl.org
Level II Background Screens
Covid Vaccination is Required
The omission of specific statements does not preclude management
from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical
assignment to position.
ACTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability
or veteran status. ACTS is an EEO/AA DFWP Employer.