ACTS is a non profit organization that has
been serving the community for over 30 years providing individualized behavioral health
services in substance abuse and mental health. ACTS mission is to apply the
best of contemporary physical and behavioral health interventions and social
support services available to assist individuals and families to engage and
succeed in Recovery.
The Licensed Practical Nurse focuses on professional nursing functions while providing care and treatment to clients coping with or recovering from substance abuse addiction or with co-occurring substance and psychiatric disorders.
LOCATION: TAMPA, FL
PAY: $20.00 PER HR
- Active licensure as a Licensed Professional Nurse in accordance with Florida Law.
- All ACTS, Inc. employees must be able and willing to work when expected to accommodate program and/or agency needs, participate in the agency's Quality Improvement Program and attend all assigned/required trainings, practice on-the-job safety at all times, and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work with others and be respectful of peers, supervisors, clients, guests, etc. If required by contract or administrative rule, must fully participate in NAPPI (crisis intervention) training and able to apply same to work setting
Adheres to regulatory bodies and licensing rules, guidelines and all established protocol to carry out all duties required by contract, licensure, accreditation, and certification relative to program or service assignment.
- Performs all nursing functions/responsibilities as required and appropriate to license. Includes, but not limited to
- Completes pre-admission medical screening of clients to determine admission eligibility; apply nursing principles and practices in the care and treatment of clients, administer and read PPDs, and makes assessment of clients' conditions and documents per services provided, completes and records vital signs, observes and assesses clients for deviations from normal conditions/behaviors
- Collaborates with physicians and follows recommendations as appropriate. This may include, but not limited to
- Implements physician's orders, assists physician in performing physical exam on clients, communicates as directed with physician concerning implementation of seclusion/restraint measures, follows-up on laboratory results and ensures physician receives results
- Within limits of licensure, administers medication/narcotics/treatments as prescribed by protocol or physician's order and documents each
- Prepares narcotic and other drug reports , orders medications, inventories clinic supplies/medications
- Ensures nursing support personnel carry out assigned duties correctly to agency model as directed
The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to position.
APPLY NOW!!! www.actsfl.org
Level II Background Screen
Covid Vaccination Required