ACTS is a non profit organization that has
been serving the community for over 30 years providing individualized behavioral health
services in substance abuse and mental health. ACTS mission is to apply the
best of contemporary physical and behavioral health interventions and social
support services available to assist individuals and families to engage and
succeed in Recovery.
Services that ACTS offers include prevention, acute care and
stabilization, treatment and support services in the arenas of substance abuse,
co-occurring substance abuse and mental illness, child protection, delinquency,
criminal justice, housing, economic self-sufficiency, health and wellness. **********$1,000. Sign On Bonus***********
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is a professional nursing position that provides medical care and treatment to individuals coping with or recovering from substance abuse addiction and/or co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Completes medical screenings of clients to determine admission and/or continued service eligibility.
- Applies practical nursing principles and protocols for the treatment of persons served including, but not limited to, screenings, assessments and integrated planning
- Routinely completes vitals, PPD administering/reading and applicable documentation.
- Communicates empathically with clients regarding addiction, mental illness, medications and recovery
- Assists physicians with medical examinations and carries out physician orders.
- Administers and documents medication/narcotics/treatments as prescribed by protocol or physician's order.
- Maintains inventory of medical supplies and drug formularies
- Ensures all billable/non-billable services are accurately recorded in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Prepares internal reports related to service delivery, billing, medication errors, on-the-job-injuries and other reportable incidents.
- Implementation of seclusion/restraint -Ensures nursing support personnel carry out assigned duties correctly to agency model as directed.
- Makes referrals or linkage to care for recommended medical services.
- Participates in client case staffings and treatment team meetings.
- Develops and facilitates health education groups for patients on health and social topics.
- Adheres to regulatory bodies and licensing rules, guidelines, and all established protocol to carry out all duties required by contract, licensure, accreditation, and certification relative to program or service assignment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Active licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in accordance with Florida Law.
- Two (2) years of nursing experience
- Must possess valid Florida Drivers' License
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position reports directly to the RN Charge Nurse. This position does not provide direct supervision to others.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC: In addition to the above-mentioned responsibilities, the program includes the following duties and responsibilities for this position:
- May obtain specimens for laboratory tests
- Guides and advises clients in their personal adjustment and hygiene habits
- Acts as a member of the treatment team
- Attends client case staffing as assigned
- Develops and facilitates health education groups for patients on health and social topics
- Links residents with patient assistance programs
- Facilitates smoke cessation support groups; links residents to State program or ARNP for Chantix
- Observes Program trip policy procedure ? trip ticket
Specialized Duties/ Tasks
- Performs routine diagnostic tests, medical treatment, and procedures such as taking and recording temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure
- Assists in performing physical examinations of clients as needed.
- Provides documentation to and updates client records
- Cleans work area
- Inventories medical supplies; oversees medication cabinet for outdated medications and follows procedure for elimination of medication
- Coordinates and makes referrals for care/services as needed
- Maintains all required records/reports to support quality/quantity of nursing services provided
- Attends quarterly Medical Quality Improvement Meetings
- Sends quarterly infection control report to Nursing Supervisor
- Sends medical error reports to the Agency Nursing Director on a timely basis
- Assists residents with Medicaid, Medicare and third party payers issues
The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to position.
ACTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. ACTS is an EEO/AA DFWP Employer.