Location: Tampa, FL.Characteristics of Position:
This position focuses on professional nursing functions while providing care and treatment to clients coping with or recovering from substance abuse addiction or with co-occurring substance and psychiatric disorders.
- Client Care - Functions as nurturer, comforter, provider; provides direct care and promotes comfort of patient activities involves knowledge and sensitivity to what matters and what is important to clients ; shows concern for patient welfare and acceptance of the patient as a person; patient advocate- involves concern for and actions in behalf of the patient to bring about a change; promotes what is best for the client, ensuring that the client's needs are met and protecting the client's right; provides explanation in clients language and support clients decision.
- Communications - Provides information and helps the client to learn or acquire new knowledge and technical skills; encourages compliance with prescribed therapy; promotes healthy lifestyle; interprets information to the client; helps client to recognize and cope with stressful psychological or social problems; to develop an improve interpersonal relationships and to promote personal growth; provides emotional, intellectual to and psychological support; focuses on helping a client to develop new attitudes, feelings and behaviors rather than promoting intellectual growth; encourages the client to look at alternative behaviors recognize the choices and develop a sense of control.
- Professional Readiness - Understands and respects diverse cultures and cultural differences; comfortable with and responds to persons with disabilities; evidences personal awareness of strengths, limitations and biases; behaves ethically and adheres to professional standards of conduct; pursues guidance and supervision and continuous professional development opportunities; remains aware of personal and professional limits in knowledge and expertise
- Technical - Proficient in the use of Electronic Health Records; effectively utilizes electronic media (internet, intranet, phones, etc.) to communicate and stay abreast of changes in the field and political and community environments; thoroughly documents and records professional events, activities and transactions.
- Professional - Understands the standards of professional practice, the evaluation of that practice, and the responsibility and accountability for the outcome of practice; identifies the meaning of autonomy and self-regulation in nursing practice; values collegiality, openness to critique and peer review; values the mentoring relationship for professional development; promotes and maintains a positive image of nursing; advocates for the role of the nurse as a member of the profession and health care team.
- Business Acumen - Knowledgeable of support and benefits available to clients and aggressively works to enable client access to those resources; proficient in the matching and billing of services provided to appropriate fund sources and maintaining audit compliant backup documentation; consistently meets or exceeds establish case load size and productivity standards.
- Administrative - Precisely documents events and transaction specific to job duties in approved Agency formats; understands and adheres to program operating procedures.
- Leadership - Make decisions, coordinate activities of others, allocate resources, evaluate care and personnel plans, give direction, develop staff, monitor operations, give the rewards fairly and represents both staff and administration as needed.
- Active licensure as a Licensed Professional Nurse in accordance with Florida Law.
- All ACTS, Inc. employees must be able and willing to work when expected to accommodate program and/or agency needs, participate in the agency's Quality Improvement Program and attend all assigned/required trainings, practice on-the-job safety at all times, and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work with others and be respectful of peers, supervisors, clients, guests, etc. If required by contract or administrative rule, must fully participate in NAPPI (crisis intervention) training and able to apply same to work setting.
Physical /Safety/Health Considerations: Standing, walking, carrying, stooping, speaking, and listening
Incentives and Differentials: Weekends
Quality of Work Expected: Level commensurate with satisfactory Licensed Registered Nurse performance
Quantity of Work Expected: Commensurate with level necessary to fully meet obligations
Supervision: This position provides supervision to Nursing Assistants (where applicable), and reports to the RN, RN Charge Nurse, or Nursing or Program Supervisor/Director.
Scope of Responsibilities: Applies nursing principles and practices for the treatment of clients, implements physician orders, documentation, maintains inventory of clinic supplies/medications.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Adheres to regulatory bodies and licensing rules, guidelines and all established protocol to carry out all duties required by contract, licensure, accreditation, and certification relative to program or service assignment.
- Performs all nursing functions/responsibilities as required and appropriate to license. Includes, but not limited to
- Completes pre-admission medical screening of clients to determine admission eligibility; apply nursing principles and practices in the care and treatment of clients, administer and read PPDs, and makes assessment of clients' conditions and documents per services provided, completes and records vital signs, observes and assesses clients for deviations from normal conditions/behaviors
- Collaborates with physicians and follows recommendations as appropriate. This may include, but not limited to
- Implements physician's orders, assists physician in performing physical exam on clients, communicates as directed with physician concerning implementation of seclusion/restraint measures, follows-up on laboratory results and ensures physician receives results
- Within limits of licensure, administers medication/narcotics/treatments as prescribed by protocol or physician's order and documents each
- Prepares narcotic and other drug reports , orders medications, inventories clinic supplies/medications
- Ensures nursing support personnel carry out assigned duties correctly to agency model as directed
- Performs related work as required /assigned
The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning
specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to
an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran