ACTS is committed to the safety of our workforce and persons served. At this time, ACTS is requiring all potential employees to be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment.
The LPN focuses on professional nursing functions while providing care and treatment to clients coping with or recovering from substance abuse addiction or with co-occurring substance and psychiatric disorders.
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
- Active licensure as a Licensed Professional Nurse in accordance with Florida Law.
- All ACTS, Inc. employees must be able and willing to work when expected to accommodate program and/or agency needs, participate in the agency's Quality Improvement Program and attend all assigned/required trainings, practice on-the-job safety at all times, and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work with others and be respectful of peers, supervisors, clients, guests, etc. If required by contract or administrative rule, must fully participate in NAPPI (crisis intervention) training and able to apply same to work setting.
Supervision: This position provides supervision to Nursing Assistants (where applicable), and reports to the RN, RN Charge Nurse, or Nursing or Program Supervisor/Director.
Scope of Responsibilities: Applies nursing principles and practices for the treatment of clients, implements physician orders, documentation, maintains inventory of clinic supplies/medications.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Adheres to regulatory bodies and licensing rules, guidelines and all established protocol to carry out all duties required by contract, licensure, accreditation, and certification relative to program or service assignment.
- Performs all nursing functions/responsibilities as required and appropriate to license. Includes, but not limited to
- Completes pre-admission medical screening of clients to determine admission eligibility; apply nursing principles and practices in the care and treatment of clients, administer and read PPDs, and makes assessment of clients' conditions and documents per services provided, completes and records vital signs, observes and assesses clients for deviations from normal conditions/behaviors
- Collaborates with physicians and follows recommendations as appropriate. This may include, but not limited to
- Implements physician's orders, assists physician in performing physical exam on clients, communicates as directed with physician concerning implementation of seclusion/restraint measures, follows-up on laboratory results and ensures physician receives results
- Within limits of licensure, administers medication/narcotics/treatments as prescribed by protocol or physician's order and documents each
- Prepares narcotic and other drug reports , orders medications, inventories clinic supplies/medications
- Ensures nursing support personnel carry out assigned duties correctly to agency model as directed
- Performs related work as required /assigned
The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to position.