Location: Tampa, FL
Characteristics of Position:
This professional supervisory position oversees the maintenance department and maintenance staff, providing support to maintain all facilities according to established standards of safety, security, and repair. A major portion of time is spent onsite performing the work themselves, planning and supervising the work assignments of maintenance supervisees and may request to a vendor contractor for isolated jobs/task.
· Communication- Able to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels in a clear, legible, timely, concise and accurate manner.
· Relationship-Establish a helping relationship with program management. Respects authority; models direct and clear communications with peers, clients and subordinates; culturally aware and respectful of differences;
· Administrative- Precisely documents events and transactions specific to job duties in approved Agency formats; understands and adheres to program operating procedures.
· Technical- Utilizes Agency communication devices and information technology as a business tool; proficient, as required, in the use of Outlook, DATIS, Train Caster, and related IT systems and software applications.
· Business Acumen- Adheres to Agency Policy.
· Professional - Behaves ethically; presents a professional image in appearance, communications and demeanor; adheres to Agency scheduling Policy; follows program activity schedules; committed to personal professional development.
· Analytical- Assist in gathering information about basic and community living of maintenance or food services needed.
· Leadership- Provides supervision to maintenance specialists and mechanics, HVAC specialist, and other facility and housekeeping staff as assigned by the Director
· A high school diploma or the equivalent
· five years of experience in facility or property management
· Experience in scheduling preventive and routine maintenance
· Must possess valid Florida Driver's License, industry accepted driving history and maintain vehicle insurance required by State of Florida. If required to drive an ACTS vehicle, must maintain driver's license and history as listed above and participate in all transportation-related training activities, including on-the-road driving test relative to appropriate and safe operation of motor vehicles.
· Residential/builders license or related qualifications
· Certified housing inspector
· Construction and project management experience
· 7 or more years of experience in facilities and maintenance
Physical /Safety/Health Considerations:
Bend, stretch, twist, reach with your body, arms, and/or legs, standing, walking, carrying, stooping, crouching, noise, lifting 80-100 lbs., some exposure to the elements.
Incentives and Differentials:
Quality of Work Expected: Level commensurate with satisfactory Maintenance Supervisor
Quantity of Work Expected: Commensurate with level necessary to fully meet obligations
Supervision: Work is performed under the supervision of the Chief Operations Officer. This position supervises other maintenance and facility staff as assigned.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
· Oversees the day to day operations of the maintenance department.
· Evaluates systems or facilities to determine maintenance or repairs that need to be performed.
· Assesses building systems to plan work assignments and project schedules.
· Extensive knowledge of building systems such as plumbing, electrical, and HVAC.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Monitor employee work levels and review work performance.
· Determine work priorities, develops work schedules and procedures for maintenance, buildings, construction and properties,and preventive maintenance and safety standards for personnel
· Participate in planning of construction and major repair work, including organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation.
· Track completion of assignments and inspect completed work as needed.
· Work with Field Foreman to track, schedule, inspect and follow through with facility maintenance repair.
· Available for non-business hours, weekend and holiday response to emergency service calls.
· Monitor security and alarm issues for agency.
· Requisition materials, supplies, equipment, and replacement parts.
· Complete estimates and actual costs for projects, including materials, labor, and outside contractors
· Review, evaluate, and make recommendations on bids from outside contractors.
· Maintain knowledge of and perform maintenance, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting and other services and related tasks as needed.
· Provide safety-related training to staff as required to comply with regulations, contracts, or licensure.
· Assist supervisees to correct job skill deficiencies and performance
· Review facilities to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, zoning, licensing, and other requirements.
· Participate in the development of work procedures with regard to maintenance, buildings, construction and properties.
· Inspect maintenance equipment and arrange for replacement/repair to keep in good working order.
· Remain current with training requirements.
· Participate in selection, training, scheduling and performance monitoring of assigned staff.
· Conduct performance monitoring, evaluations and disciplinary actions, facilitates staff meetings and individual supervision sessions with supervisees.
· Performs related work as required/assigned.
The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to position.
ACTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.