***SIGN-ON BONUS UP TO $1,000.
- Part time- 12 hr shifts- 2x/wk.
$1,000. Sign On Bonus
ACTS is committed to the safety of our workforce and persons served. At this time, ACTS is requiring all potential employees to be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment.
The LPN focuses on professional nursing functions while providing care and treatment to clients coping with or recovering from substance abuse addiction or with co-occurring substance and psychiatric disorders.
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
- Active licensure as a Licensed Professional Nurse in accordance with Florida Law.
- Must possess valid Florida Drivers' License, industry accepted driving history and maintain vehicle insurance required by State of Florida. If required to drive and ATS' vehicle, must maintain drivers' license and history as listed about and participate in all transportation-related training activates, including on-the-road driving test relative to appropriate and safe operation of motor vehicles.
- All ACTS, Inc. employees must be able and willing to work when expected to accommodate program and/or agency needs, participate in the agency's Quality Improvement Program and attend all assigned/required trainings, practice on-the-job safety at all times, and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work with others and be respectful of peers, supervisors, clients, guests, etc. If required by contract or administrative rule, must fully participate in NAPPI (crisis intervention) training and able to apply same to work setting.
Supervision: This position provides supervision to Nursing Assistants (where applicable), and reports to the RN, RN Charge Nurse, or Nursing or Program Supervisor/Director.
Scope of Responsibilities: Applies nursing principles and practices for the treatment of clients, implements physician orders, documentation, maintains inventory of clinic supplies/medications.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Adheres to regulatory bodies and licensing rules, guidelines and all established protocol to carry out all duties required by contract, licensure, accreditation, and certification relative to program or service assignment.
- Performs all nursing functions/responsibilities as required and appropriate to license. Includes, but not limited to
- Completes pre-admission medical screening of clients to determine admission eligibility; apply nursing principles and practices in the care and treatment of clients, administer and read PPDs, and makes assessment of clients' conditions and documents per services provided, completes and records vital signs, observes and assesses clients for deviations from normal conditions/behaviors
- Collaborates with physicians and follows recommendations as appropriate. This may include, but not limited to
- Implements physician's orders, assists physician in performing physical exam on clients, communicates as directed with physician concerning implementation of seclusion/restraint measures, follows-up on laboratory results and ensures physician receives results
- Within limits of licensure, administers medication/narcotics/treatments as prescribed by protocol or physician's order and documents each
- Prepares narcotic and other drug reports , orders medications, inventories clinic supplies/medications
- Ensures nursing support personnel carry out assigned duties correctly to agency model as directed
- Performs related work as required /assigned
- May obtain specimens for laboratory tests
- Guides and advises clients in their personal adjustment and hygiene habits
- Acts as a member of the treatment team
- Attends client case staffing as assigned
- Develops and facilitates health education groups for patients on health and social topics
- Links residents with patient assistance programs
- Facilitates smoke cessation support groups; links residents to State program or ARNP for Chantix
- Observes Program trip policy procedure - trip ticket
- Performs routine diagnostic tests, medical treatment, and procedures such as taking and recording temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure
- Assists in performing physical examinations of clients as needed.
- Provides documentation to and updates client records
- Cleans work area
- Inventories medical supplies; oversees medication cabinet for outdated medications and follows procedure for elimination of medication
- Coordinates and makes referrals for care/services as needed
- Maintains all required records/reports to support quality/quantity of nursing services provided
- Attends quarterly Medical Quality Improvement Meetings
- Sends quarterly infection control report to Nursing Supervisor
- Sends medical error reports to the Agency Nursing Director on a timely basis
- Assists residents with Medicaid, Medicare and third party payers issues
The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to position.