ACTS is committed to the health and safety of our workforce and persons served. At this time, ACTS is requiring all potential employees to be fully vaccinated by their first start date.
The primary duty of the employee is to perform clerical work, provide technical support and assistance to a department within a comprehensive service agency. All employees are expected to carry out the job duties listed below in a manner which effectively supports the agency's mission to provide client centered care to consumers with substance disorders or with co-occurring substance and psychosocial disorders.
LOCATION: Bartow, FL
- High School Diploma or GED and one year of computer or progressively responsible experience in an office setting.
- Basic knowledge of computer and software usage and able to type at least 30 accurate words per minute.
- Must have experience working with general public, ability to communicate effectively, and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- All ACTS, Inc. employees must be able and willing to work when expected to accommodate program and/or agency needs, participate in the agency's Quality Improvement Program and attend all assigned/required trainings, practice on-the-job safety at all times, and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work with others and be respectful of peers, supervisors, clients, guests, etc. If required by contract or administrative rule, must fully participate in NAPPI (crisis intervention) training and able to apply same to work setting.
Physical /Safety/Health Considerations: Standard office environment
Supervision: Work is performed under the direction of assigned Supervisor, Director or Administrator. This position does not provide supervision to others.
Scope of Responsibility: Responsible for timely completion of administrative and clerical needs for the agency, program or function as directed. Remains up-to-date on agency needs and systems, and communicates with supervisors regularly on upcoming duties.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Type correspondence, memoranda, reports, records, forms and other documents from rough drafts, notes and/or oral instructions.
- Operate computer with various programs including on-line services.
- Operate and / or utilize a variety of standard business and office machines and equipment including computer, typewriters, word processors, telecommunications terminals, calculators, copiers, etc.
- Compile and verify information, including scheduled appointments flow when applicable
- Maintains logs of materials processed
- Organize/maintain a department filing system.
- May perform research and data gathering activities.
- Performs related work as assigned / required.
The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to position.