Characteristics of Position:
This position provides assessment for mental health and substance use issues, basic integrated and supported individual, family and group education, advocacy, linkage, coordination, problem-solving and monitoring of clients to optimize the functioning of individuals with substance disorders or co-occurring substance and mental disorders and promoting stabilization, rehabilitation and recovery.
SHIFT: 3:00 pm-11:00 pm
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
- Bachelor's in human services or other relevant field and one year of case management or related experience.
- All ACTS, Inc. employees must be able and willing to work when expected to accommodate program and/or agency needs, participate in the agency's Quality Improvement Program and attend all assigned/required trainings, practice on-the-job safety at all times, and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work with others and be respectful of peers, supervisors, clients, guests, etc. If required by contract or administrative rule, must fully participate in NAPPI (crisis intervention) training and able to apply same to work setting.
- Must possess valid Florida Drivers' License, industry accepted driving history and maintain vehicle insurance required by State of Florida
Physical /Safety/Health Considerations: Sit, stand, walk, lift, and carryQuality of Work Expected: Level commensurate with satisfactory Case Management performance
Quantity of Work Expected: Commensurate with level necessary to fully meet obligations
Supervision: Work is performed under the direction of the Program Supervisor, Director or Administrator. This position does not provide supervision to others.
Scope of Responsibility: Conducts interviews to assess social, legal, medical psychological and educational needs of client; provides casework services to assist clients in obtaining social, educational and vocational goals.
Engages clients to talk and communicates empathically about their addiction or mental illness, medications and recovery to promote understanding of their illness/illnesses and hope for recovery.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Complete admission and orientation documentation; may administer or interpret screening/assessment instruments.
- Develop plans, which include services to accomplish habilitation or rehabilitation.
- Document all clients' contacts, care and response, maintain records and updated rosters collect data and prepare reports as mandated by program procedure within agency standards and timeframes.
- Attend and serve as advocate for client in court hearings.
- Maintain a comprehensive listing of community resources, including social, legal and educational providers.
- Attend scheduled interdisciplinary treatment team meeting or clinical supervisory sessions and discusses aspects of client's care and progress (or lack of same); may participate in other meetings/events as assigned.
- Recognize and promptly/appropriately assist as needed in crisis situations to minimize incidents of hospitalization or incarceration; report treatment needs of clients to clinical personnel and supervisor; recognize client's comprehensive needs and discusses with interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Complete documentation including but not limited to behavioral progress reports, incident reports, grievances, injury reports, client eligibility, enrollment, tracking, lease agreements, billing and related documentation as required.
- Perform related work as requested / required.
The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to position.